CBS News/New York Times Monthly Poll #2, June 1995
- CBS News/The New York Times
- Archival Version (Subtitle)
- CBS News/New York Times Poll Series
AbstractThis poll is part of a continuing series of monthly surveys that solicit public opinion on the presidency and on a range of other political and social issues. Respondents were asked to give their opinions of President Bill Clinton, Newt Gingrich, and Bob Dole, and to comment on how well they were handling their respective jobs. Those queried were also asked to identify what they believed to be the most important problem facing the United States. The relationship of the respondent and his or her employer was examined in detail, with specific questions on benefits and loyalty. The O.J. Simpson trial was another focus of the survey, with questions on the conduct of the lawyers, Judge Lance Ito, and the DNA evidence. Background information on respondents includes voter registration status, political party, political orientation, education, age, sex, race, and family income.
MethodsICPSR data undergo a confidentiality review and are altered when necessary to limit the risk of disclosure. ICPSR also routinely creates ready-to-go data files along with setups in the major statistical software formats as well as standard codebooks to accompany the data. In addition to these procedures, ICPSR performed the following processing steps for this data collection: Created variable labels and/or value labels..
Table of Contents
- DS1: Dataset
Time period: 1995-06
Collection date: 1995-06
(1) A weight variable has been included and must be used for any analysis. (2) The codebook is provided as a Portable Document Format (PDF) file. The PDF file format was developed by Adobe Systems Incorporated and can be accessed using PDF reader software, such as the Adobe Acrobat Reader. Information on how to obtain a copy of the Acrobat Reader is provided through the ICPSR Website on the Internet.
- 2076 (Type: ICPSR Study Number)
Is previous version of
Update Metadata: 2015-08-05 | Issue Number: 8 | Registration Date: 2015-06-15