Vital Statistics: Marriage Detail [United States], 1987
- United States Department of Health and Human Services. National Center for Health Statistics
- Version 1 (Subtitle)
- Vital Statistics: Marriage Detail [United States] Series
AbstractThis file contains demographic data for marriages occurring in the United States during the 1987 calendar year. The data were taken from marriage certificates registered with the vital statistics offices of 42 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. The certificates for each state were chosen at one of five sampling rates (5, 10, 20, 50, or 100 percent), depending on the total number of marriages performed in the state during the year. Each record includes a weight factor based on the sampling fraction of the reporting state. The demographic data collected include age, race, previous marital status, number of this marriage, education, and natality of both the bride and groom. Information about the marriage ceremony itself includes the month, day, and week of the marriage, and the type of ceremony.
Table of Contents
- DS1: Dataset
Time period: 1987
Collection date: 1987
(1) Per agreement with NCHS, ICPSR distributes the data file and text of the technical documentation for this collection as prepared by NCHS. (2) The codebook is provided by ICPSR as a Portable Document Format (PDF) file. The PDF file format was developed by Adobe Systems Incorporated and can be accessed using PDF reader software, such as the Adobe Acrobat Reader. Information on how to obtain a copy of the Acrobat Reader is provided on the ICPSR Web site.
- 3177 (Type: ICPSR Study Number)
England, Paula, McClintock, Elizabeth Aura. The gendered double standard of aging in US marriage markets. Population and Development Review.35, (4), 797-816.2009.
- ID: 10.1111/j.1728-4457.2009.00309.x (DOI)
Update Metadata: 2015-08-05 | Issue Number: 6 | Registration Date: 2015-06-15