CBS News/New York Times Monthly Poll, August 1995
- CBS News/The New York Times
- Version 1 (Subtitle)
- CBS News/New York Times Poll Series
AbstractThis poll is part of a continuing series of monthly surveys that solicit public opinion on the presidency and on a range of other political and social issues. Respondents were asked for their opinions of a number of public figures, including President Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Jesse Jackson, Newt Gingrich, Ross Perot, Bob Dole, Colin Powell, Lamar Alexander, Pat Buchanan, Phil Gramm, Richard Lugar, and Pete Wilson. Respondents were also asked to assess the United States economy and to identify the most important problem facing the United States. Other topics covered the handling of the presidency by Clinton, the roles of Republicans and Democrats in Congress, Whitewater, Medicare, abortion, and welfare. Background information on respondents includes voter registration status, political party, political orientation, education, age, sex, race, and family income.
MethodsICPSR data undergo a confidentiality review and are altered when necessary to limit the risk of disclosure. ICPSR also routinely creates ready-to-go data files along with setups in the major statistical software formats as well as standard codebooks to accompany the data. In addition to these procedures, ICPSR performed the following processing steps for this data collection: Created variable labels and/or value labels..
Table of Contents
- DS1: Dataset
Time period: 1995-08
Collection date: 1995-08
(1) A weight variable has been included and must be used for any analysis. (2) The codebook is provided as a Portable Document Format (PDF) file. The PDF file format was developed by Adobe Systems Incorporated and can be accessed using PDF reader software, such as the Adobe Acrobat Reader. Information on how to obtain a copy of the Acrobat Reader is provided through the ICPSR Website on the Internet.
- 2078 (Type: ICPSR Study Number)
Is previous version of
Tuchfarber, Alfred J., Bennett, Stephen Earl, Smith, Andrew E., Rademacher, Eric W.. The Republican tidal wave of 1994: Testing hypotheses about realignment, restructuring, and rebellion. PS, Political Science and Politics.28, (4), 689 -1995.
- ID: http://www.jstor.org/stable/420519 (URL)
Update Metadata: 2015-08-05 | Issue Number: 3 | Registration Date: 2015-06-30