Research Training Group Group‐Focused Enmity
- Carvacho, Hector; Feldmann, Petra; Groß, Eva; Gundlach, Julia; Henseler, Ann‐Katrin; Knappertsbusch, Felix; Liersch, Benjamin; Lücke, Bastian; Müller, Michael; Süssenbach, Philipp; Wagner, Ulrich; Zick, Andreas
- Carvacho, Hector (Universität Bielefeld) (Researcher)
- Feldmann, Petra (Universität Bielefeld) (Researcher)
- Groß, Eva (Universität Bielefeld) (Researcher)
- Gundlach, Julia (Universität Bielefeld) (Researcher)
- Henseler, Ann‐Katrin (Universität Bielefeld) (Researcher)
- Knappertsbusch, Felix (Philipps-Universität Marburg) (Researcher)
- Liersch, Benjamin (Universität Bielefeld) (Researcher)
- Lücke, Bastian (Philipps-Universität Marburg) (Researcher)
- Müller, Michael (Universität Bielefeld) (Researcher)
- Süssenbach, Philipp (Universität Bielefeld) (Researcher)
- Wagner, Ulrich (Philipps-Universität Marburg) (Researcher)
- Zick, Andreas (Universität Bielefeld) (Researcher)
- Sozialwissenschaftliches Umfragezentrum (SUZ), Duisburg (Data Collector)
- Society, Culture
- Religion and "Weltanschauung"
CESSDA Topic Classification:
- Religion and values
- Social behaviour and attitudes
- Economic conditions and indicators
AbstractAttitudes and prejudices towards people of different religious, social and ethnic origins. Religion and religiousness. Gender roles. Attitudes towards Muslim fellow citizens. Personal goals. Personal identification. Topics: Identification as German; feeling of belonging to a religious community; self-classification on an upper-bottom scale; left-right self-assessment; scales: Right-Wing Authoritarianism; Social Dominance Orientation; Responsibilisation; Entrepreneurial self; Protestant work ethic; Islamophobia; Homophobia; Xenophobia; Traditional anti-Semitism; Anti-Semitic criticism of Israel; Established privileges; Racism; Sexism; Devaluation of the long-term unemployed; Intention to discriminate against the long-term unemployed; Anti-Americanism; General perception of competition in society; Perceived ethnic competition (general/realistic); Perceived ethnic competition (general/symbolic); Perceived ethnic competition (personal); Perceived ethnic threat (realistic); Perceived ethnic threat (symbolic); Intention to discriminate against migrants; Intergroup contact; Religious identification; Religious centrality; Religious pluralism; Religious fundamentalism; Insecurity; Secondary anti-Semitism; Standard on freedom of expression; Anti-Semitism standard; Anti-Semitic detour communication; Rape myth acceptance; Respect (concerning Muslims); Liking (concerning Muslims); Private contact (concerning Muslims); Work-related contact (concerning Muslims); Prejudices against Muslim women; Target orientation; Gender identity. Demography: German nationality; denomination; German nationality of parents and grandparents (migration background); self-definition as migrant vs. German; sex; age (classified); highest general school leaving certificate; vocational qualification; employment status or other situation; household size; number of persons contributing to household income; household net income; personal net income; willingness to participate again. Additionally coded was: ID; details to which split the respondent belongs; interview duration in minutes; contact details of the respondent; federal state; city size.
2011-08-11 / 2011-09-05
Telephone interview: CATI (Computer Assisted Telephone Interview)
Number of Variables:
- ZA5165 (Type: ZA-No.)
Grau, A.; Heitmeyer, W. (Hrsg.) (2013): Menschenfeindlichkeit in Städten und Gemeinden. Beltz Juventa, Weinheim und Basel.
Derr, Maria; Hohlweg, Jelena; Salentin, Kurt (2014): Datenhandbuch Graduiertenkolleg Gruppenbezogene Menschenfeindlichkeit. IKG Technical Report Nr. 2, Version 2. Bielefeld.
Carvacho, H. (2013): Understanding social hierarchies: the role of ideological configurations for Group-Focused Enmity. Doctoral Thesis, Bielefeld University.
Carvacho, H., Zick, A., Haye, A., Gonzalez, R., Manzi, J., Kocik, C., & Bertl, M. (2013). On the relation between social class and prejudice: The roles of education. income and ideological attitudes. European Journal of Social Psychology, 43(4), 272-285.
Update Metadata: 2021-04-07 | Issue Number: 26 | Registration Date: 2015-07-07