Technical Testing Project
- User, Test
- Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research
AbstractThis is a demo project created by ICPSR CNS team to validate system features during release 2.0.
An international consortium of more than 750 academic institutions and research organizations, ICPSR provides leadership and training in data access, curation, and methods of analysis for the social science research community.ICPSR maintains a data archive of more than 250,000 files of research in the social and behavioral sciences. It hosts 21 specialized collections of data in education, aging, criminal justice, substance abuse, terrorism, and other fields.ICPSR collaborates with a number of funders, including U.S. statistical agencies and foundations, to create thematic data collections and data stewardship and research projects.ICPSR's educational activities include the Summer Program in Quantitative Methods of Social Research, a comprehensive curriculum of intensive courses in research design, statistics, data analysis, and social methodology. ICPSR also leads several initiatives that encourage use of data in teaching, particularly in undergraduate instruction.ICPSR-sponsored research focuses on the emerging challenges of digital curation and data science. ICPSR leads or takes part in many policy initiatives and grant-funded activities that result in publications that address issues related to data stewardship. ICPSR researchers also examine substantive issues related to our collections, with an emphasis on historical demography and the environment.ICPSR is a unit within the Institute for Social Research at the University of Michigan and maintains its office in Ann Arbor.More information about ICPSR
- ICPSR receives grants from a number of government agencies and private foundations.
- A list of staff is available.
- The Consortium was established in 1962. Read about our history.
- ICPSR 2013 strategic plan. ICPSR is working with Burns Park Consulting to develop its 2018 strategic plan.
- ICPSR is governed by the ICPSR Council, a 12-person body elected by the members of ICPSR.
- ICPSR's governing documents include a constitution, bylaws, and a memorandum of agreement with the University of Michigan.
- ICPSR has annual reports dating back to 1962.
- The Consortium honors outstanding Official Representatives and distinguished members of the social science community with the Warren E. Miller Award for Meritorious Service to the Social Sciences and the William H. Flanigan Award for Distinguished Service as an ICPSR Official Representative.
- Information about careers and internships at ICPSR can be found on our Careers page and the University of Michigan Jobs page.
- Read our news.
Technical InformationResponse Rates: Response Rate (AAPOR RR4) = .320; Cooperation Rate = .954
Technical InformationPresence of Common Scales: Much of the instrumentation was adapted from the 2012 American National Election Study.
computer-assisted self interview (CASI)~~computer-assisted telephone interview (CATI)~~
Description of Variables:
Included in the study were variables pertaining to Socio-Demographics, such as education, income, gender, age, marital status, country of birth, time in the United States, and civic status. Other variables included in the study were political preference, religious preference, civic participation, and perceived discrimination. In addition a number of politically relevant county and census tract-level variables have been incorporated in the study, including age distributions, home values, education levels, percent receiving public assistance, and size of the noncitizen population.
Update Metadata: 2018-01-18 | Issue Number: 2 | Registration Date: 2018-01-18