Health care competence of adolescents with chronic conditions in transition: Research data from the evaluation of a patient education program.
- Markwart, Henriette (Universität Greifswald)
- Bomba, Franziska (Universität Lübeck)
- Ernst, Gundula (MH Hannover)
- Menrath, Ingo (Universität Lübeck)
- Thyen, Ute (Universität Lübeck)
- Schmidt, Silke (Universität Greifswald)
- Physical & Somatoform & Psychogenic Disorders
- Promotion & Maintenance of Health & Wellness
AbstractTwo cooperating projects ModuS-T ("Growing up with ModuS: Fit for the transition") and Transition ("Promoting health care competence of adolescents with chronic diseases in the transition from paediatric to adult care systems") have combined their data in this dataset. The target group were adolescents with chronic conditions aged 13-24 years (and their parents). The goal of both projects was to develop and test a chronic-generic education program to prepare adolescents for the transition. The ModuS-T project also developed modules for parents. The result was a 1.5-day workshop for young people and their parents, which was evaluated. The workshop is based on the principles of the modular training programme ModuS, that consists of disease-specific and generic modules and strengthens the empowerment of the participants. Further information on the projects and their results can be found in Ernst et al (2017), Menrath et al (2018) and Schmidt et al (2016).
Update Metadata: 2020-02-20 | Issue Number: 1 | Registration Date: 2020-02-20