Occupational Changes in a Generation (1962 and 1973)
- Blau, Peter M. (University of Chicago, Ill. O. Duncan, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor)
- Featherman, David L. (University of Wisconsin, Madison)
- Hauser, Robert M. (University of Wisconsin, Madison)
- U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of the Census, Washington (Data Collector)
- Occupation, Profession
CESSDA Topic Classification:
- Social and occupational mobility
AbstractReasons and extent of social mobility in the United States. Topics: Social and regional mobility; living together with parents at the age of 16; training; industry branch of current employment; number of working hours in the past week; weeks of work as well as unemployment in the past year; longest employment practiced; form of income; place of birth of parents. Demography: age; sex; race; marital status; age und number of siblings; position in sibling sequence; school education; occupation; employment; income; social origins; city size; state; place of birth Indices: occupational prestige scores after Siegel for respondent and parents.
1973-08 / 1973-11
United States (US)
Number of Units: 6265
Number of Variables: 13
- ZA0822 (Type: ZA-No.)
Blau, Peter M.; Duncan, Otis D.: The American Occupational Structure. New York: Wiley 1967.
Update Metadata: 2020-10-20 | Issue Number: 96 | Registration Date: 2010-07-22