The publisher De Gruyter has published the Practice Handbook on Research Data Management in German (Praxishandbuch Forschungsdatenmanagement, Open Access, https://doi.org/10.1515/9783110657807). The National Research Data Infrastructure (NFDI) and the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC) confront scientific, technical and legal challenges for providers, producers and users of research data. The Practice Handbook for Research Data Management deals with all aspects of research data management.
It covers the following topics in approximately 600 pages:
- Data ecosystem: science and funding policy, law, and ethics,
- Data market: commercial and scientific data markets, urban data spaces and open government,
- Data culture: curriculum development, training and outreach concepts, education and training, GO FAIR and CO CHANGE,
- Data management: planning, documentation, storage, and quality management,
- Data transfer and re-use: data retrieval, collaborative working, data visualization, and data publication.
The book has been made Open Access under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license thanks to a grant from the Universitätsbund Erlangen-Nuremberg. More details are available at: https://www.degruyter.com/view/title/554542.